Cyber Security has been big news this week, with the impact on the NHS showing just how quickly a cyber attack can spread.
Because of the nature of the attack, machines could already be infected but not yet showing any signs so please do continue to be cautious with emails.
The National Cyber Security Centre have produced this handy guide ’10 Steps to Cyber Security’.
- Do not open any email attachments if you are unsure what they are
- Look out for odd email addresses or domains – even if the ‘from’ name is one you recognise
- If an attachment has the format document.pdf.html DO NOT open it
- Ensure you always have a current back up of all of your data and that it is stored somewhere securely
- Share fraud prevention best practice with your colleagues and have policies in place.
If you have any concerns please contact your IT provider immediately.